smplsolutions is an authorized Fujitsu distributor.
If you are interested in becoming an authorized reseller please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.544.8640.
Access Control Systems
Access control is a technique used to permit, limit or deny access to rooms, buildings, facilities, areas, network data, equipment, kiosks, vaults, etc. An access control system is a combination of application software, enrollment database and an ID verification device. It will also often include a physical locking entry device. The access control system ultimately provides authentication.
The access control process identifies a specific individual, compares their identification with a known database, and then grants privileges (like door entry or network data access) based on the permissions detailed in the database. This authentication can be done either by password or by biometrics.
Biometric authentication is the identification of a human being through biological criteria, such as fingerprints, iris, retina, palm veins, face, voice, etc. In essence, you are your password. And while some biological attributes (i.e. fingerprints) can be forged, other more secure biometrics (i.e. palm veins) cannot, which still makes biometric authentication significantly more secure than password protection.
The Fujitsu PalmSecure™ biometric scanner captures and authenticates the hand’s vein pattern using near-infrared light. Palm vein authentication is a form of vein matching technology. Access control from Fujitsu PalmSecure™ is based on more than 25 years of experience in the image recognition and processing technology fields.
Fujitsu provides a highly reliable biometric authentication system based on palm vein pattern recognition technology. PalmSecure™ features industry-leading authentication accuracy with extremely low false rates and the non-intrusive reader device provides ease of use, with virtually no physiological restriction, for all users.
PalmSecure™ Solution Benefits
PalmSecure™ technology has been deployed worldwide in a wide range of vertical markets, including security, financial/banking, healthcare, commercial enterprises and educational facilities. Additional applications include physical access control, logical access control, retail POS systems, ATMs, kiosks, time and attendance management systems, visitor ID management and other industry-specific biometric applications.
- Contactless authentication is hygienic and non-invasive
- Advanced authentication algorithm produces a high level of accuracy with a False Accept Rate (FAR) of 0.00008%
- Sensor accuracy accounts for a minimal False Reject Rate (FRR) of 0.01%
- A Software Development Kit (SDK) is available for integrating the PalmSecure™ technology
- Full featured BioAPI
- Sample code with demo application
- Windows-based and Linux-based applications
- Sample data collection tool
- Authentication accuracy evaluation tool
- Device maintenance tool
- Biometric authentication for third party Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions with PalmSecure™ LOGONDIRECTOR
- Option available with certification under the International Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation as Evaluation Assurance Level 2
- CNIL Certification
- Fast and easy enrollment (under one minute)
- Fast, easy and secure authentication (under one second)
The Fujitsu PalmEntry™ access control system is a robust authentication system that utilizes vascular pattern biometric technology to deliver fast and convenient identification. This award-winning innovation offers secure physical and logical access control to customers in healthcare, financial services, government, retail, education and other industries with a highly reliable, contactless biometric authentication solution that is non-intrusive and easy to use.
PalmEntry™ Access Control Solution Components:
- PalmSecure™ Sensor: the infrared light reader/scanner device
- Base Station Reader: with integrated PalmSecureTM sensor
- PalmEntry™ Controller: controls communication between the Base Station Reader, the Fujitsu access control software, and the door access equipment
- Enrollment Reader: small USB PalmSecureTM sensor for enrollment
- Fujitsu Access Control Software: basic or enterprise level software
- Door Controller: optional door lock/unlock controller
- SSO Mouse Scanner: Single Sign-On scanner built into your mouse (at right)
For more information or to schedule a demo, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 949.544.8640.